How to Prepare for a CAB Hearing
The Office of Student Conduct encourages you to consider the following:
- Review the Code of Student Conduct for more information about University policies, your procedural rights, and the hearing process.
- Read your Hearing Notice Letter carefully. The letter states the date, time and location of your CAB Hearing and the alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct. Your hearing has been scheduled based on your academic course schedule and postponements may be granted for academic and medical purposes. Any requests for postponements may be submitted to your Hearing Officer via email. To request accommodations during your hearing, contact the Office of Disability Services.
- Request a copy of your incident referral prior to your hearing, so that you are prepared to respond to the referral and alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct during your hearing.
- Come to your hearing prepared to honestly describe your involvement in the incident in your own words. Some students find it useful to prepare written statements or notes in advance of their hearing to assist them in sharing important information, timelines, etc. Consider which method is the most comfortable for you when presenting. This is not required, but may be helpful.
- Consider whether you wish to bring an advisor, witnesses, or additional documents to your hearing. Information about advisors and witnesses can be found in the Code of Student Conduct.
- If you have any questions about the incident or the conduct process, please contact your hearing officer or the Office of Student Conduct. We are happy to answer questions, explain the process, and provide additional resources.